Late Rashidi Yekini Appear At Segun Odegbami Office today

Share This Story Like minds attract each other likewise birds of a feather will always flock together. It should be no surprise to those reading this that football legends, Segun Odegbami had an encounter with late Rashidi Yekini earlier today.
The Mathematical former Nigeria forward, Patrick Olusegun Odegbami put up a post of how the late Nigerian footballer, Rasheed Yekini made an appearance at his office today. It’s a good piece to read, I am sure you will thank Baba Sege himself.
“I had an extraordinary encounter with Rashidi Yekini today in my office. When I arrived home a few minutes ago I saw a posting about Rashidi again on FB by someone lamenting how Nigerians have forgotten the gangly one. Then it crossed my mind that the FB posting I stumbled on was a call for me to tell Nigerians about my beautiful encounter with the great Yekini.
I have just moved into a new office. I am trying to resurrect my studios that have been ‘dead’ for over a decade. My machines and equipment are obsolete and the parts cannot be found anywhere in the world. We have searched the internet and some 6 years ago I managed to buy some old but working machines from Pakistan that also packed up soon after. So I have been left frustrated with archival materials that cannot be transferred and seen again. Or so I thought until a few days ago.
Kunle Oladeinde, my friend and colleague in the media business, called and told me he had found a man that can fix my old machines. To cut a long story short, the man turns out to come from my village of Wasimi. He is a retired engineer who knew me very well and we had known each other without knowing that we would need each other for something special that has now turned out to be a divine intervention. He came to my office some 6 or so days ago, took one look at all my dead machines and equipment and told me he could fix them all.
It has been 7 days or so since we reconnected but this morning the miracle happened. 3 different dead machines were miraculously revived by this genius from Wasimi. He is working on the rest. When I went to check up on him this afternoon in the studio he was watching an interview of Rashidi Yekini that I did with him some 25 years ago on the eve of the final match against Algeria that qualified Nigeria for her first World Cup. I was mesmerized because I could not remember I did any such interview. It was just between the two of us alone in a hotel room or so. It was the longest and the most detailed interview of Rashidi l ever saw up to that point in his life.
Rashidi hated to grant interviews so there is not much you will find anywhere. But here he tells me about his early life, his journey through the game from Nigeria to Cote d’Ivoire and to Europe, his mentors, his family, and his hopes for the future, all in unbelievable beautiful fluid English! It is an incredible piece of history. Until now I did not know what to do with it, but seeing this post on FB is the response I needed.
I shall clean it up and put it out there for all to see and hear from Rashidi Yekini himself…a full 25 minutes of him telling me his own story. Watch out for it soon through a medium I shall let everyone know.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

More

Whats Hot