What wonder’s you.

I’m not sure this will be funny for everyone, I may come off as kind of cynical. We still laugh about it though.

My nephew and I are walking through the parking lot at the minor league baseball stadium in Rochester, N.Y.
We have our tickets and about to see our third game in less than twenty four hours that started with a night game in Seattle WA., a red-eye flight to Buffalo (short layover in Chicago) where we saw a day game and then drove from Buffalo to Rochester to see the night game. That’s three games, less then twenty four hours, something like twenty five hundred miles apart. No, we aren’t scouts, just obsessed.
A kind of smarmy looking guy stops us and tries to sell us tickets, we say “we already have tickets,” He starts into this story about “can’t go to the game, I’m stuck with these tickets, blah, blah, blah.” We say as we try to disengage, “but we already have tickets” again. He starts in on his story again so I say, “listen, Readers Digest has a forum for you, write it down and submit it to them.” He looks at me and says, “What are you, a wise guy?”
It’s my perfect New York response, I’ve only been in the state a few hours. We just walk away laughing and more than a little puzzled.
And yes, that Readers Digest quip is an homage to Bill Murray in the movie “Scrooged

0 comments:

Post a Comment

More

Whats Hot